Contact: Tom Barron

Administering the estate of a deceased person can be a big responsibility at an already difficult time. If you are the executor of a will, or the next of kin of someone who has died without one, you will usually need to apply for a “grant of representation”, and can be personally liable for how you deal with the estate.

We can provide friendly, sympathetic and experienced help, whether it is assisting you in obtaining the grant or dealing with the entire administration – or anything in between. We will advise on inheritance tax where it applies, and can arrange property clearance, property insurance, and valuations.

With larger estates, there are often opportunities to reduce inheritance tax by appropriate lifetime planning. If that is of interest, then do come and have a chat about it with us!